Host a Screening
Prior to the Event
- Download the Community Screening Guide to plan and host a screening of the film.
- Obtain a copy of the film by purchasing a DVD or participating in the DVD Loaner Program
- Register your screening event with us when completing the Screening Agreement form below.
- Arrange a live Q & A via Skype with filmmaker Jean Strauss.
- Review the list of speakers below and coordinate a speaker, if desired or possible.
The individuals listed below are available as keynote speakers, either regionally or nationwide.
Please contact them directly to discuss their availability, bio, fees, and other requirements.
Former President, American Adoption Congress, and a birthmother. Eileen is available to speak in south Florida and . No speaker's fee. Transportation reimbursement only. Eileen may be able to have the birth father and her birth daughter join her.
Evan B. Donaldson Institute
k here to start typing your text
6. Complete the Community Screening Agreement Form
[Required for all community screening events]
Promote Your Event
- Use one of our promotional posters to promote your screening
[click on any of the 3 images below to download in PDF version]
2. Send out a press release to notify the media about your screening.
The first one is an actual press release used by NJ-CARE in June 2010 to advertise a screening and highlight an Assembly hearing.The second release is a 'cut-and-paste' release which you can use to tailor media contact to your local group and event.
- For a sample press release, please view the example provided here.
- Film Press Kit for Community Screenings sample press release
At the Event
- Download and complete the attendance sheet and collect email addresses from those who choose to provide them.
- Download and complete the feedback form to provide feedback to the filmmaker from the attendees and the screening host.
- Download and present a copy of the TAKE ACTION! Guide for attendees who would like to become more involved in Adoption Reform after viewing the film.
- To help facilitate your event, download the
After the Event
1. Email the filmmaker about feedback and attendance.
2. Provide email addresses from audience members interested in more information about the film or about adoption reform.
If you have any questions, please contact us